Nikon Launches NIKKOR Z 28mm f / 2.8 for the Nikon Z Mount System | national news
MELVILLE, NY, November 18, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Today, Nikon Inc. announced the launch of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f / 2.8, a compact and lightweight prime lens for Nikon Z-series cameras. This fast-aperture wide-angle lens is small enough to carry anywhere and is ideal for capturing everyday snapshots, group portraits, landscapes, cityscapes and more.
With an overall length of approximately 1.7 inches (43mm) and a weight of approximately 5.46oz (155g), this lens is the smallest and lightest1 among NIKKOR Z fixed focal length lenses. The NIKKOR Z 28mm f / 2.8 is also an excellent lens for close-up photography, with a minimum focus distance of just 0.63 feet (0.19 m), making it easy to capture detailed photos and videos of food, crafts, fashion, and more. Because it is also extremely compact, affordable and versatile, this new lens will appeal to both full-frame and DX-format Nikon Z-series mirrorless users.
Main features of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f / 2.8:
- The smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z main lens to date, with a length of approx. 1.7 inches (43 mm) and weight of approx. 5.46 ounces (155 g).
- The fast f / 2.8 maximum aperture allows for shallow depth of field with pleasant bokeh as well as outstanding low-light capability, even during handheld shooting.
- When mounted on a DX-format camera, such as the Nikon Z fc or Z 50, the focal length becomes a natural 42mm (35mm equivalent  format).
- A minimum focus distance of approximately 0.63 feet (0.19 m) allows users to get close to their subjects for dynamic photography.
- Adopting a multiple focus system results in natural rendering over the entire shooting range, as well as fast and precise AF control, while maintaining a smaller body size.
- Designed with dust and drip resistance performance in mind2 so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Developed considering video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus breathing compensation and stable exposure.
- The lens differs aesthetically from the previously announced NIKKOR Z 28mm f / 2.8 SE lens by featuring a modern black finish.
Pricing and availability
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f / 2.8 lens will be available in december 2021 for a suggested retail price (MSRP) of $ 299.95 *. For more information on the latest Nikon products, including other NIKKOR Z lenses and the entire Z series camera collection, visit nikonusa.com.
Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics, and photo and video capture technologies; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning line of equipment for visual storytelling and content creation. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional Z-series mirrorless cameras, digital SLR cameras, a wide range of NIKKOR and NIKKOR Z lenses, flashes and system accessories, Nikon COOLPIXÂ® compact digital cameras and Nikon software products. For more information, call (800) NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com, which connects all levels of photographers and visual storytellers with the web’s most comprehensive learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo and Flickr.
The appearance of the product may differ from the photo above.
1. Among the main NIKKOR Z lenses for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, available from November 17, 2021.
2. Perfect dust and drop resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions.
Specifications, equipment and release dates are subject to change without notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
* SRP (Suggested Retail Price) shown as a suggestion only. Actual prices are set by the dealers and are subject to change at any time.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nikon-releases-the-nikkor-z-28mm-f2-8-for-the-nikon-z-mount-system -301428244 .html
SOURCE Nikon Inc.
Comments are closed.